I, Me, Myself
Hello! I’m Charlotte THOMAS, 21 yo, and currently a Computer Science Student @ University of Rennes (France, 35).
I was formerly in prépa but due to health related problems I failed, I then went to University for the September 2022 semester.
I study Theoretical Computer Science on the side, focussing on formal languages. My language of choice is now OCaml or Rust and I have ten years of experience coding in java
I spent the last two years in prépa in Lycée Michel de Montaigne, Bordeaux before that I prepared the French High School Diploma at Lycée Gustave Eiffel, Bordeaux.
I’m now at ISTIC, Beaulieu Campus, Rennes University. In third year of a BSc, majoring in CS.
Radio intervention (on free software), podcast available here (french)
Talk at Pas Sage En Seine (Choisy-Le-Roi, France, 94) on exotic programmation as a tool for students and professors.
Last year I was in research internship at PACAP @ IRISA/Inria Rennes, Team PACAP from february until July, where I worked on 3D printing to optimize code, starting with mathematical transformation of GCode.
I spent a month working in the IT department of the French Direction Générale des Finances Publiques (which is somewhat equivalent to the IRS to be simple).
I’m a Queer, transgender, intersex and asexual girl based in France. Advocating for trans right and intersex right, I follow an intersectional feminism open to all, in support of all women.
As you probably deduced from the badges. Yes. I like the trans flag. A lot.
On HRT for more than four years now, I legally changed my name to Charlotte Ophélie Margot, and gender to female, if you need help getting medical health care / starting a transition / have a transgender or intersex related question please email me at either one of these addresses:
- charlotte.sfiacademy [at] gmail.com
- charlotte [at] nwa2coco.fr
You can ask me for a legal transition package which packs a lot of informations to do a legal transition in France. I’ll send it to you.
See my pronouns page here
Highlights / Active projects
My favourite projets / active are:
- Calc: A fully featured minimalistic rust calculator, licensed in GPLv3, available on GitHub
- The Baguette# ecosystem : currently the interpreter is finished, being uploaded on the OPAM repositories. Written in OCaml using dune, published under the GPLv3 license
- Boulangerie, part of the Baguette# ecosystem, discover Boulangerie, the Baguette# package manager
- STARFinder : A project to learn Scala and its Java-interaction features, find your bus stops in Rennes with a logic language parser
These projects are either abandoned or archived, you can use them (most of them are under the MIT Licence, consider those without licences as CC0) but I do not provide any support whatsoever
- Stories A website to centralise my stories and web novels. Written in Markdown, powered by GH-Page
- A Galactic HRT My main Science-Fiction/Drama/Tragedy/Romance story in PDF/HTML, written in LaTeX converted to HTML later.
- AngryCAS The most angry and cynical CAS ever. Written in OCaml using dune
- HTMLFromTeXBooks A simple program to transforms TeX Books (simple) in HTML (for publishing on ScribbleHub for example!)
- Automatic Report System a client-server ecosystem mostly written in Java to automate reports to a hierarchy composed of
- KSPController A Java based code (using kRPC mod and API) to connect to a kRPC server and control a rocket in Kerbal Space Program with components, interfacing with a Raspberry Pi Zero
- AdafruitSeesawJava A Java Driver using I2C and Pi4J to interface with the Adafruit Seesaw Expander for Raspberry Pi
- BaguetteSharp OG The Original Baguette# forked from Ikea# in GO, the new version is much better but this started everything.
I recently started writing. Go check my ScribbleHub page or my stories website